Welcome to the International Opportunities page! This is where SfGH members’ opportunities will be posted throughout the year, including IFMSA events and external meeting delegations, exchanges opportunities, and other opportunities abroad!
Notes on IFMSA applications:
- Read the new “How to Write an Application” manual, produced for the first time this year.
- Where it asks for the signature of the “NMO President” on candidature forms, this refers to the Director of International Affairs. Please request candidature form signatures as far in advance as possible and include [URGENT] in the subject line. The DIA will also be very happy to assist with application writing by providing advice, depending on their capacity.
UN ECOSOC Youth Forum Delegation
The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum, to take place on 8-9 April 2019, will provide a platform for young leaders from around the world to engage in a dialogue among themselves and with United Nations Member States and to share ideas for advancing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Addis Ababa Action Agenda, and the Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum will serve as a unique space for young people to share their vision and elaborate their substantive contributions to United Nations upcoming meetings, including the 2019 ECOSOC Substantive Session, the 2019 high-level political forum on sustainable development (HLPF) and the high-level events taking place on the margins of the opening of the opening of the General Assembly, including the Climate Summit, the High-level Meeting on Financing for Development and the SDG Summit. The coordination meeting of ICMYO will take place on 6th of April and the attendance of IFMSA delegates at this meeting is voluntary. For more information about the meeting click here.
Objectives of IFMSA’s participation in the event:
- 1. IFMSA taking the lead in health initiatives and discussions happening during the forum.
- 2. IFMSA remains an active focal point NGO for the ECOSOC, taking a role in high-level advocacy activities.
- 3. To meet with ICMYO taskforce and collaborate together in the forum.
- 4. To represent the work of IFMSA in the Global Priorities, especially the Meaningful Youth Participation and the Universal Health Coverage.
The following criteria will be taken into account while evaluating your application:
- Understanding of IFMSA policy work and past external meetings attended;
- Potential empowerment, expected outcomes and follow up plans after the meeting;
- Regional representation and Gender balance will also be taken into account.
However, we also encourage emerging members who are committed to learn, gain new skills, and participate in IFMSA’s activities even beyond the conference.
How can you apply?
- Fill in the Application Form – this is an online form, no need to do anything else than to fill in & click on submit.
- Fill in the Candidature Form – Form must be signed and stamped by your NMO President and must be sent by email to email@example.com with the ”[ECOSOC YOUTH] Name of the applicant” in the email subject.
- Both things need to be completed/sent before 27.1.2019 23:59 GMT
- In the case of one document missing, the application will be considered as invalid.
Accepted applicants will receive online preparation as soon as the results are released. IFMSA commits to train, brief and prepare all delegates to the meeting; and to smoothly coordinate the delegation during the meeting. Unfortunately, IFMSA is not able to cover transportation or accommodation expenses, however, we are able to issue a support letter to help you with your personal fundraising.
To better prepare your application, please check this ‘’How to write an Application manual’’! In case of any questions please do not hesitate to email Makjo, the Vice President for External Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.