Hello! My name is Beth, a medical student at the University of Warwick and I am so excited to be your Director of Branch Affairs this year. I have been involved with Students for Global Health since 2016 when I was studying Human Sciences at UCL. I am really excited to see all of the amazing projects branches have planned for the upcoming year!
My main role is to support the development of the branches across the
network and I will be working closely with the regional coordinators to ensure branches are well supported by the network in order to develop a stronger and more connected network which thinks globally, acts locally. I am really excited to see all of the amazing projects branches have planned for the upcoming year!
Bylaw mandated responsibilities:
- To assume or support the work of the National Director whenever necessary.
- Be responsible for the development of our member Branches.
- Work alongside the Regional Coordinators to develop an annual evaluation procedure and subsequent needs assessment for member Branches.
- Be responsible for being receptive to non-member Branches to encourage them to join and participate in Students for Global Health Affiliates.
- To encourage and support the integration and collaboration of branches and Affiliates at a local level.
- To enable this, the Director of Branch Affairs will provide all branches with details of Students for Global Health’s current affiliates at the start of each year. This information will be provided by the Affiliates Coordinator.
- Work with the Regional Coordinators to develop branch development strategies.
- To coordinate allocation of Branch Development Fund to support member Branches.
- To support affiliation of new branches in conjunction with Regional Coordinators.
- To coordinate the Branch Affiliation process through supporting Regional Coordinators in their work with Branches.
- Be part of the Finance Committee and fulfil their role on this committee as outlined in Appendix 10