Hi! I’m Faris, a Fifth Year Medical Student at Cambridge! I started off in the Cambridge branch of SfGH was really interested by all the incredible work SfGH was involved with, so joined the national committee with the hopes of getting some experience in the executive committee of a the charity! My role as financial director mainly involves making sure the charities piggy bank is well looked after, keeping up with financial reports, and trying to think of new ways to raise funds!
Bylaw mandated responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the financial administration and bookkeeping of Students for Global Health.
- Raise funds for Students for Global Health and consider the recruitment of a team to support and assist in doing this.
- Collect membership fees.
- Be responsible for the bank accounts of Students for Global Health.
- Present a financial report at each National Committee Meeting, which includes accounts, statements of assets and liabilities of Students for Global Health and a list of the financial transfers made since the last National Committee Meeting.
- Arrange the payment of registration fees and any bank transfers to the IFMSA for affiliation and IFMSA General Assembly delegation registration within the set deadlines.
- Propose the budget for the next financial year at the Spring General Assembly.
- Present an annual financial report, preferably reviewed by an auditor at the Students for Global Health Autumn Weekend.
- Review the budgets and audit the financial reports of all Students for Global Health- UK events submitted by the local organising committees.
- Present a list of member Branches having debts to Students for Global Health to the General Assembly.
- Deliver receipts received during his term to the next National Committee at the end of his term.
- Chairing the finance committee