Hi, my name is Kismet and I am the current South West regional coordinator for SfGH. I am intercalating at Cardiff University and am very excited to be joining the national committee this year. Since my first year I have always been interested in SfGH and been an active member of the society. For the past 2 years I have been involved at a local level in the Cardiff committee. This allowed me to see the vast amount of opportunities SfGH provides not only on a national level but an international one.
I am so excited to be part of this fantastic organisation this year and help support strong relationships between the branches in the South West and the national committee. My main aspirations for this year are to inspire and engage more people with the amazing work SfGH is doing.
Bylaw mandated responsibilities:
- To improve communication and collaboration between Students for Global Health branches within the same region by holding regular regional meetings.
- On request, to provide assistance to branches in troubleshooting and problem-solving issues.
- To support their region in the running of two regional training days per year, where feasible
- To support their region in the running of one Regional Conference per year, where feasible
- To support branches with their handover process and work towards the sustainability of the branch.
- To help facilitate the organisation of group transport of members from their region to national events
- To be responsible for maintaining contact between our member Branches and the National Committee.
- Communicate regularly with the National Director, alongside the Director of Branch Affairs, to ensure strong representation of branches’ views and priorities to the National Committee.
- Work together to develop individual and collective strategies, and ensure support of one another.
- Work with the Director of Branch Affairs to highlight branch development priorities.
- To support member Branches and enable them to continue their affiliation to Students for Global Health, by overseeing the timely completion of the affiliation process of branches in their region.
- To verbally contact every Branch President in their region individually at least three times each year.
- To encourage and support the integration and collaboration of branches and Affiliates at a local level.