Hey, my name is Sam, and I am the South East Regional Coordinator for this year. I am currently studying for a Master’s degree in Global Health at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and I am really looking forward to being part of the National Committee. After attending my first SfGH conference a couple of years ago, I co-founded the Canterbury branch in order to share the life-changing opportunities that come with being part of SfGH and the IFMSA.
I am really excited about this new chapter in my SfGH journey, and I cannot wait to support the branches in the South East in all their endeavours. My main ambitions for the year ahead are to increase communication between the South East branches and to encourage students from a wider range of disciplines to join SfGH.
Bylaw mandated responsibilities:
- To improve communication and collaboration between Students for Global Health branches within the same region by holding regular regional meetings.
- On request, to provide assistance to branches in troubleshooting and problem-solving issues.
- To support their region in the running of two regional training days per year, where feasible
- To support their region in the running of one Regional Conference per year, where feasible
- To support branches with their handover process and work towards the sustainability of the branch.
- To help facilitate the organisation of group transport of members from their region to national events
- To be responsible for maintaining contact between our member Branches and the National Committee.
- Communicate regularly with the National Director, alongside the Director of Branch Affairs, to ensure strong representation of branches’ views and priorities to the National Committee.
- Work together to develop individual and collective strategies, and ensure support of one another.
- Work with the Director of Branch Affairs to highlight branch development priorities.
- To support member Branches and enable them to continue their affiliation to Students for Global Health, by overseeing the timely completion of the affiliation process of branches in their region.
- To verbally contact every Branch President in their region individually at least three times each year.
- To encourage and support the integration and collaboration of branches and Affiliates at a local level.