Hi everyone! I am Marine, I have been coordinating the Global Health Education in Schools (GHEiS) project for the past year and will be continuing in this role this upcoming year. My background is in health policy: I just finished my postgrad studies at the LSE in London. I am now working for the NHS as part of the graduate management scheme.
I am really happy to announce that a couple GHEiS modules are being finalised and that we are planning for the pilot phase to be conducted this year starting January 2022. To take part in the pilot, all you need is a couple students who are keen to go into secondary schools a few times to talk about global health issues. You will be provided with all the necessary resources and guidance, and will receive training beforehand. It’s a great opportunity to develop your teaching skills, learn more about global health and make an impact!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Bylaw mandated responsibilities:
- To oversee and deliver on the GHEiS project,working under the Global Health Education Director
- To work with the Affiliates Coordinator and National Director to scope teaching modules from affiliates and partners respectively
- To oversee the compilation, creation and updating of global health teaching modules
- To work with the branches team to support setting up GHEiS in branches
- To work with the branches team, local branches and relevant affiliates to scope out new schools to set up relationships with 220.127.116.11 To compile and regularly update a database of schools that have been contacted and any outcomes of contact
- To work with the Training Director to compile/create a training document for teaching the relevant global health teaching modules in schools and create a targeted, relevant and sustainable GHEiS training network
- To work with the Communications Director to create and share promotional material for the GHEiS project
- To evaluate and improve on any potential SfGH-school interactions and lessons that are delivered