Hi, I’m Lotto! I’ve been part of SfGH network for the past 3 years, starting off as the HIV/AIDS coordinator working with YouthStopAIDS at the local SfGH UCL branch and then as a member of the Agenda Committee last year. It’s been a pleasure to be part of this inspiring global health advocacy network and I have learned so much about global health and the global perspective behind the vision: ‘A fair and just world in which equity in health is a reality for all’ so far. SfGH has no doubt furthered my aspiration to enter the global health field as I am continuing my studies for a Master’s at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. As the Alumni Director this year, I hope our fellow members would also benefit from networking with our experienced alumni to jump-start their desired global health careers too!
Bylaw mandated responsibilities:
- The Students for Global Health Alumni Director must submit a written report of Affiliates which have taken place over the last 12 months to the Affiliates Coordinator at least 3 weeks prior to the Spring General Assembly.
- The Annual Report must include:
- Affiliates conducted after previous report;
- General financial status;
- Plan of action for the next year;
- Director’s description of the status of the project;
- The name, address, email address and telephone number of the Alumni Director;
- An evaluation of the ethical and environmental challenges faced and how these have been dealt with.
- Voting rights will be removed if the Alumni Director fails to deliver an annual report.
- Alumni Banking
- The Alumni Director may claim expenses and costs of the running of the Students for Global Health Alumni from the Students for Global Health account at the discretion of the Director of finance.