Medical Supplies & Humanitarian Aid
- Ukrainian Red Cross: https://redcross.org.ua/en/donate
- International Medical Corps: https://give.internationalmedicalcorps.org/page/99837/donate/1?ea.tracking.id=DP~UA22~DPHHU2202
- International Committee of the Red Cross: https://www.icrc.org/en/donate/ukraine
- UNICEF: https://www.unicef.org/emergencies/conflict-ukraine-pose-immediate-threat-children
- SUPPORTING JOURNALISM
- The Kyiv Independent describes itself as “created by journalists who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence.” You can help keep the curtains up for the independent Ukrainian English-language media outlet by donating to its Patreon or GoFundMe fundraiser.
- Ukraine World is an independent English-language multimedia project that emerged from a volunteer initiative helping international journalists during the 2014 “Revolution of Dignity.” Support it by donating to its Patreon.
- SUPPORTING REFUGEES
Refugees can be supported by donating to the UNHCR here.
- SUPPORTING THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY IN UKRAINE
- OutRight Action International is stepping up to make sure that they are not left behind and that they are protected in this time of crisis. The organization will be helping to support LGBTQ+ groups and organizations on the ground that are setting up shelters and providing safety for citizens. All donations made to OutRight will go directly to the cause. https://outrightinternational.org/ukraine
- STAYING INFORMED
Formal News Outlets:
- The Kyiv Independent: Covering in Ukrainian and in English, a leading voice on the front lines, covering a timeline of events and highlighting those most affected by the attacks. Keep up to date on its website here, or on the Twitter page here.
- The New Voice of Ukraine: Covering in Ukrainian, Russian and English, released informative analyses on the situation that detail how the situation led to this point and is continuously publishing op-eds by Ukrainian scholars and experts that help to give a view of the tone of the situation. Read more on its website here.
- Kyiv Post: a non-independent state-affiliated news outlet, which is important to note. However, they are at the forefront of delivering news directly from government and national offices.
Informal News Outlets:
- Stand With Ukraine: a community page dedicated to sharing knowledge wrap-ups based on the ongoing situation, with well-informed posts and ways followers can help citizens.
- Svidomi: Brief, frequent posts about what is happening on the front lines and who is being affected most.
- Ukrainians in Solidarity: Digestible information on how followers can support Ukrainians. Previously, the account has been used to stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and taught Ukrainian citizens how they can be an ally to people of colour.
- JOIN A PEACE PROTEST
Find your nearest demonstration here: https://standwithukraine.live/peace-protests/
7. Sign a petition calling for the UK government to waive the visa requirement for those fleeing from Ukraine